Reenactment is an amazing way to immerse oneself in the lives of the landsers at the front.
Myself was an avid reenactor for some 5 years, doing 4 years of Waffen-SS and the last year an Heer impression.

I started out as an Anwrter and rather quickly advanced up to the rank of SS-Rottenfhrer, ending up with having an own Gruppe that i lead.
The unit we portrayed was the "Schweden-zug", a platoon that was a part of a kompanie in the 11th Aufklrungs-abteilung, 11.SS Nordland Division.
This particular platoon had many swedish SS volunteers, and as we were Swedish, the choice of this impression was natural.

We only did Eastern front scenarios and we had a russian unit in Sweden that would travel to us for tactical battles.

Me as Sturmmann recieving the Eiserne Kreuz zweite klasse for knocking out a bolshevik Mortar emplacement.
18110573_10154357637397536_1157207951_n.jpg

Having a smoke after an intense assault on a bolchevik controlled hill.
2.jpg

Me adressing my men before a recon/combat patrol against the soviet posistions.
1.jpg

The following video is from 2006, an event that was Swedens biggest ever at the time. Our unit was supposed to attack and overrun the Soviet entrechment and positions after a brief Artilley strike. Enjoy