Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

What would your choice weapon be ? (WW2)

Fun little discussion!

It doesn't matter what Nation it is from but you have 1 Main weapon and a sidearm. What would you choice and why?

For me it would probably the MP40 (Maschinenpistole 40) for its handling, compact size and all around reliable structure as for the sidearm i would choose the M1911 for its high caliber and stopping power at close range.

Hard question to answer without having background context as to what my responsibility was, as a soldier. But at face value, would have to be my beloved Sturmgewehr.

Chambered in 7.92 kurz(x33)
    Select fire - capable of semi and fully automatic

Ino this is a boring answer... kar98k aha

I'd have to second a Sturmgewehr, however I've always wanted to be a medic so for sidearm it'll just be me and my bandages

The Fuhrer put out a Fuhrer befehl that I am to receive an STG 44!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Johann Porsche View Post
    The Fuhrer put out a Fuhrer befehl that I am to receive an STG 44!!!
    Dont hold your breathe old man . I am actually not aware of a server command that allows any you to choose the weapon of each specific 'role'. You are going to have to wait until the Division's supply lines solidy again (when the Sandbox mode gets released).

As I was a 240 gunner during my time in the Army and while deployed to Afghanistan I must say it would be the MG34. Ability to use it mounted or dismounted, on patrol or emplaced. Or, the BAR just because I have a sweet spot for that thing. As I am an owner of a 1911 I believe I would stick with the 1911 as my sidearm of choice or it's little brother the Browning High Power.

Where in Afghan were you? Did a year in Helmand myself

In IRoA I was in Mezar E Sharif, Camp Mike Spann, and then moved to Meymaneh out west. Ran missions in Jowzjan and Sheberghan as well. Really basically all over RC North west of Konduz.